Two days in Paris

I have been to NYC, I have been to Los Angeles and Australia, but until now I had never been to Paris, even though France is our neighbor country. I know, I kind of tend to travel to more far away places , hahaha. I decided this year I am going to change that and booked myself a flight to Paris.
Luckily one of my friends joined in. I had not seen her for over half a year which made it extra special meeting her in Paris.

However the first problem we faced was finding each other in the city. My friend came by train and I took a flight. It took us a while to figure out where would be the best place to meet and to find each other. Finally our first stop was a restaurant with yummy crepes and outdoor heating, so we could enjoy our meal outside. It was lovely to just sit there and talk while soaking in the surroundings. Afterwards we walked down to the river Seine. On our way we passed cute shops. beautiful side streets and a bakery where I tried my first Eclair, delicious!! I absolutely fell in love with all the beautiful buildings and the charming atmosphere.

Whilst it got dark, it also got super cold, but we were determined to not let the weather stop us from exploring. Luckily we kept on walking and got to see the Eiffel Tower lit up and in the end we were happy that we didn´t take the metro to the Arc de Triomphe. In search of food we wondered down the Champs-Elysees and ended up in five guys, yes five guys. I know it can´t get any more "unparisian", but by the time we ate it was 10 pm and we just didn´t care to be honest.

The following morning we woke up to the most beautiful weather. No single cloud and loads of sunshine. We started the day with a visit to the Eiffel Tower by daylight. I believe first we both thought the tower would be even higher, but as we started to get closer we changed our minds. It was totally stunning to stand in front of Paris number one emblem.








Afterwards we went to the Galeries Lafayette to watch a Fashionshow which I thought was a super fun idea. It was a small show to present mainly clothes they were also selling in the Galeries, but I really enjoyed it and can only recommend it (well unless you absolutely don´t care about fashion maybe). If you are interested you can order your tickets online in advance. The price for one ticket is 12€. In case you don´t fancy going to a Fashionshow, the Galeries have an amazing terrace as well from where you have an incredible view over the city including the Eiffel Tower of course. We stood outside for what felt like hours enjoying the sun and the view with a cafe au lait.
You could even see Sacre Coeur from the Galeries, but by the time we left it was almost dinner time. We set of for a quick stop at the Louvre before heading to our chosen restaurant. The Louvre was beautiful around that time of the day, the sun has just started to go down.








We really wanted to try a Falafel for dinner then, but as we arrived at the restaurant the place was closed which resulted in us eating pizza on our last night in Paris. Oh well, I guess we have to come back.:)

I think everyone should visit Paris at least once in their life. It is a beautiful city and definitely worth a trip.

Hope you all have a great start of the week!!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Now that I live so close to France I am hoping to get to visit soon. Everything is new to me here in Germany, and I want to go see everything! It's hard not to feel like I am on vacation all the time..but we are not, and I have to be patient.....but I want to see PARIS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will find time to visit France and Paris. It is really easy to get to from Germany and sometimes you can find very cheap flights.
      Enjoy your time in Germany!!:)

      Delete
  2. I’ve actually never been to Paris! And I really want to especially after seeing your pictures and reading your post 😊😊
    Xoxo Annaleid
    www.actuallyanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paris is really worth a visit, hope you get the chance to visit soon:)

      Delete
  3. Great post, we were in Paris in Jan and it was also so cold at night! It's such an awesome City tho, full of incredible architecture and delicious food!

    Cheers

    Cal Mc (www.CalMcTravels.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet it was freezing in Jan. It is a beautiful city!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig